Concepts in Community Living:
Transforming challenges into successes
Our history dates back to 1980, when our company’s founders Michael DeShane and Keren Brown Wilson, helped develop a completely new model for assisted living. Coined the “Oregon Model,” this sorely needed alternative to traditional institutional care was comprised of supportive housing communities specifically designed to promote privacy, choice and independence. CCL’s innovations have helped shape best practices and policies industry-wide ever since. Today, CCL is a sought-after consultant for developers, owners and government agencies across the country.
Over the past three decades, CCL has, on behalf of our clients, researched, developed, marketed, evaluated and managed hundreds of supportive housing projects throughout the U.S. and Canada. In addition, CCL also owns and manages senior housing and long-term care communities on the West Coast.
- Provided market research studies to over 250 assisted living projects throughout the United States.
- Consulted on the development of more than 200 projects throughout the country.
- Provided start-up management services to over 30 assisted living communities.
- Serve the unique needs of the underserved and specialized markets.
- First licensed assisted living community in Oregon, Rackleff Place in Canby.
- First non-profit assisted living community in Oregon, Kilchis House in Tillamook.
- One of the first Affordable assisted living for lower income, Spanish-speaking residents.
- First 100 percent affordable, tax-credited, (LIHTC) assisted living community.
- First Native American assisted living development.
- First deaf and deaf-blind assisted living community in the Western United States.
- First non-profit, 90 percent affordable, assisted living in Eastern Arkansas.