Policy and Practice Research
CCL’s policy and practice research has been essential to the development of assisted living regulations in Oregon, Washington, Florida and New Jersey, and has provided the theoretical and operational basis for assisted living throughout the nation. Examples include:
- Provided the first market research model utilizing disability rates to estimate markets for assisted living.
- Collaborated with the University of Minnesota to produce one of the first national studies examining the characteristics of the assisted living industry.
- Helped the Veterans Administration to implement pilot assisted living project, with a research component in Washington, Oregon, and Idaho.
- Worked with the Research Triangle Institute on a federally funded research project that examined negotiated risk in four states.
- The Aging Matters, Locally and Globally initiative, funded by Drs. Keren Brown Wilson and Michael DeShane, is aimed at enhancing the lives of older persons who lack adequate resources in the United States and in less developed regions of the world. For more information, visit Portland State University’s Institute on Aging.